Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Now for a little levity

One of the side effects of some of the meds my mom is on is constipation.  We (the aids and me) have to be very careful what she eats and the aids (I relinquish this duty - no pun intended) have to keep track of how many times my mom has a BM (bowel movement) for those of you who do not have children.

So last week my mom was having a hard time (again no pun intended) having a movement.  I think you get the gist of it now.  When the moment finally occurred she or it plugged up the toilet bowl.  Thank goodness for the trusty ole plunger.  Alas, after a few pushes, of the plunger that is, all was clear and ready for use.

Well today my mom is calling my name, yelling my name.  I come running into the room, "What! What are you yelling about."
"Take me inside." 
"Inside where?"
"In the bathroom."
So naturally I tell the aid my mom needs to go to the bathroom.
"No.  I need to fix it."
I'm confused at this point.  "Fix what?"
"I have to plunge the toilet. Take me."
Laughing I said, "Mom, the toilet is fine.  You don't have to.  It's all fixed."
"Deborah, Deborah, I have to fix it.  I just want to plunge it."

I had to walk away because I knew she wouldn't stop.
My son walked in the room not two minutes later.  "Alex,
 come here."
"What Nan?"
"I have to go inside.  I have to fix the toilet."
After asking everyone is the house to take her to the bathroom so she could plunge the toilet I realized that the culprit was my husband who came home from work and asked her, "So Mom, did you clog the toilet again?" 
He left the rest of us to clean up the mess.

Just another day in the life of the ham between the bread.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O husbands just always make life easier ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my god this is just to funny.